Durham Cricket’s Seat Unique Riverside Ground played host to the inaugural events, which brought together together policymakers, business leaders, educators and apprentices.
The Conference 2023 aims to ignite interest in apprenticeships across the North East and champion the value of apprenticeships, while mapping out how to engage more people and businesses in the apprenticeship agenda.
It focused on how apprenticeships drive economic growth, create opportunities for individuals and businesses, and how to persuade more SMEs to consider recruiting apprentices.
- Hosts, NEAAN Co-Chairs Ian Green MBE and Jenienne Hinchcliffe and Apprentice Ambassador Chair Natasha Scorer
- Christopher Bradley, Head of Employer Advocacy and Ambassador Networks for the DoE
- Stephanie Smith, Director of Gateshead Community Organisation
- Kim Smith, Enterprise and Education Lead at NELEP
- NEEAN Co-ordinator, Alan Wallace